Today I was able to talk to the Director of the non-profit who is having their free internet removed. This person was not my origional source (see yesterday’s post). The director confirmed that he did receive a call yesterday from a represenative of Knology and was told that the non-profit’s free Knology internet service would be ending in 10 days.
This free internet was long provided, but it may be somewhat unique in Lawrence because it related to a number of school project that this non-profit was (and is) involved with.
The non-profit Director appreciated that Rod Kutemeier, Knology of Kansas General Manager, was unaware of any cuts and was willing to work with them. I provided Rod’s contact information to the the Director. The Director is going to contact Rod today to resolve this issue.
- Want Lawrence citizens getting involved in the government process? You have to make that engagement matter.
- East Lawrence For The Win – Election, Discussions and Actions
- East Ninth project has significant support despite mischaracterizations
- Winter in Lawrence
- Bread and cupcake for tonight’s meal and silent auction. Thanks Great Harvest.
- Saturday is the day and there will be cupcakes in the auction.